Through our Rho Gamma Lambda/Greenwood Alphas Foundation partnership, we continue to fulfill our motto of “First of all, servants of all, we shall transcend all” and uphold the Aims of Alpha Phi Alpha. Here are the things we have accomplished this year:
· Collected and donated $1,283.77 to March of Dimes
· Donated annually to Greenwood Leflore Autism Society
· Supported Greenwood Leflore Autism Spectrum Society (GLASS), Priority One Group, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, and Epsilon Xi Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha’s fundraising efforts
· Funded the attendance of two young people to attend the week-long Alpha Leadership Development Institute at Alcorn State University
· Funded three required delegates to attend both the District Convention and the Southern Region Convention
· Mentored young men (ages 12 – 18) in our communities through our Project Alpha Mentoring initiative
· Provided $3,500.00 in scholarships this year for public high school graduated to attend MS’ HBCUs. This brings our total over the years to over $57K.
· Supported MS’ HBCUs by requiring that all of our scholarship recipients must attend one of MS’ HBCUs (Alcorn, Jackson State, MVSU, Rust College or Tougaloo College).
· Provided book scholarships to each of our three graduating senior in our Project Alpha Mentoring initiative
· Took our Project Alpha Mentees on field trips to expand their appreciation for our history and culture
· Supported local businesses by having them cater our meals for fraternity meetings and Scholarship Gala, by purchasing local products, etc.
· Provided special recognition of key donors who provided financial support of our efforts in the Communities
· Additionally, brothers/foundation members are involved in numerous events and activities outside of the fraternity as leaders in the communities
The Greenwood Alphas Foundation, Inc. is the charitable partner of Rho Gamma Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Fraternity, Inc. Its purpose is to carry out the charitable, educational and scientific purposes of Rho Gamma Lambda Chapter in our communities.
The Greenwood Alphas Foundation is registered as a nonprofit tax exempt organization in the State of Mississippi. The Greenwood Alphas Foundation is also a 501 C (3) tax exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Code. Donations, bequests, devises, transfers and gifts are tax deductible under the IRS tax code.
Our open meeting is a place to learn more about the workings and management of our school community.
Come join our team of parents who are working to improve Oakfields!
Let's go, Oakfields!